Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp (DCS): treatment

TNF Blockers: Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) promotes the inflammatory response...Like I said this is an inflammation problem! Remicade, Enbrel, Humira, and Cimzia: I was personally on humira and it works. That along with an antibiotic and a small dose of an oral steroid is in my opinion the best option. The humira is an injection you give yourself every other week. In my case in about a month my Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp (DCS) went away in a month. The bad thing about the TNF blockers is they lower your immune system so you do have higher risk of infection that is why you are on the antibiotic. You do need to continue to stay on the TNF blockers because it is not a cure it is a treatment. In the end you were born this way and the doctors do not know how to stop your body from doing what it is doing forever. Ahhh well there is one way: Complete scalp removal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment