Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp (DCS): treatment

Complete scalp removal: I got a partial scalp removal and it did change my life. In good and bad ways. You are scarred for the rest of your life...but in no pain. You may choose to wear a wing or go the bald route. If you do choose to go this route, choose the best plastic surgeon you can. It is the rest of your life you are speaking of. They basically cut your scalp off and skin graft from another part of your body the entire skull. You will no longer grow hair in the area and you will have scarring. I believe if you have a good enough plastic surgeon and you are a male this is your best route! For females...a wig would probably be the best way to cover it up. What I do is I wear a beanie. I look funny in Arizona in the summer with 115 degree weather with a beanie on, but I feel better than ever. It works but it is a huge decision you should take time to make. You are probably going to be out of commission for a month and a half.

1 comment:

  1. Coconut Oil is one of the the effective remedy for Cellulitis Herbal Treatment . It has excellent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of medium-chain fatty acids. These properties not only help treat cellulitis but also stop its recurrence.

    ReplyDelete