Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dissecting cellulitis of the scalp (DCS) treatment

Blue light therapy: or as some woulld call it photodynamic therapy I will just tell you how my experience went with the blue light therapy. It was painful, like someone was burning your scalp off. I would wake up on Tuesday and wait for the physician assistant to come into the office. He would always humm different songs and ask "so what would you like me to do for you" because he didnt know shit! Excuse my language, but I hated that guy. He would paint the medication on my scalp and I would go home and let it soak in till the next morning. Wednesday I would wake up go to the office and sit under a blue light (hence the name) for 11 min, after about 4 it burns like the worst sun burn you would ever have and be that way till the 11 minute mark when you could finally come out from under the light and wash your head with something cool. Basically they went the prehistoric route "lets just burn his head off and see if that works" I would not say it worked...because I would have to get this done every 2 weeks at a very steep price. So once the skin wasn't burnt anymore my side effects of the disease came back. I would not do it, I would rather do site injections of steroids (sticking a huge needle in your head and filling it with roids) than this, it does the same thing with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment